2/25/2012

Finished Kerry's Fool's Gold

I am fairly certain I finished this yesterday but am looking at it a couple days just in case.. Then it goes to Australia... I love the lace and CQ under the goldwork and even the little lace butterfly... I used a single strand of variegated silk thread for the flower satin stitch and some awful white rayon stuff called "Glossilla" on the butterfly wings. I wasn't sure where I acquired it but it's in the trash now..

I had planned to take it with me to Seattle this weekend.. We were going to go Friday because Snoqualmie Pass was clear and then our room wasn't available so we were going this morning and a blizzard blew in so we are staying home.

The pass is open but chains are required... Last month we were trying to go so we could see our granddaughter's special concert and again a blizzard closed the pass.


Even here in Spokane we've had about 6" and it is snowing hard...in fact the snow is coming down horizontal....

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Gerry that is really wonderful. I got a great book on goldwork that I'd like to try, but I really didn't want to invest in the real gold supplies. This shows you can make something really great with the "fools gold".

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I love it Gerry - thank you!

Raphaela said...

Sooooo beautiful.

Susan Elliott said...

It turned out really beautifully Gerry. I wish I could see all the texture of the lace and the ivory because I'm sure that sets it off wonderfully...but I know it's there and can imagine it. The butterfly is a fab and even though you didn't like the godzilla thread, it shines like the star that that butterfly is!

I'm envious of your snow! Though I'm sorry it's limiting your travel...we have had NONE this winter and we have been be-moaning no snow days...no pretty white frosting...no nothing...just bare ground and trees... Congrats on your finish. She's lovely!

Bluebell said...

Hi Gerry, this is so beautiful it takes my breath away, your stitching is exquisite. Sorry about your trip, the snow is a real pain, people think its pretty but, I think its a pain in the you know where.
Jill

Arlene White said...

Beautiful work Gerry. Following everyone's progress and seeing how people have different interpretation of what goldwork is.
Arlene
http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com.au/

Anonymous said...

Gerry, what gorgeous work. I just love it.

Catherine

Marilyn said...

Tis loverly Gerry. I wish I were able to participate in RRs just so I could own some of your work. Speaking of snow - we had about 10" yesterday morning and there is probably another 2 out there this morning. Only the second time I've had to wear my boots this winter. And we've had above normal temps most of the winter too. Nice change after last year - that was brutal.

Lorraine said...

This turned out beautifully Gerry. Am sorry that your plans were cancelled due to the snow but must admit, I'd love to see a little snow here....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts