2/02/2012

Morris loves bugs, pies vs. tarts, and so much for Myrna Loy

Managed to do some stitching the last couple days on my CQJP "Morris Loves Bugs" page.  Of course the lady bug is a peek-a-boo and lifts up to show another Morris peering back.  I found that gorgeous sequined lady bug on a blouse from a thrift store in CA... I hardly left the store before the scissors were out.

Lower left among the daisies is Morris in stealth mode... Closing in on him is my wonderful woolly caterpillar which looks much better in person...  I crocheted a length of eyelash yarn and stitched it down and trimmed it short.  The spider web is there but no spider yet... I plan to add ants, more ladybugs, bees, 1 dragonfly and the piece de resistance; "rainbow butterflies.."  This page will mainly be a name and count the bugs...


When I had growing kids I loved to make cakes but mainly just for DH pies are now what I do most.... except I love to do tarts... They look prettier and take less fruit.  This one is a "Sour Cream Apple Tart" about to go into the oven yesterday.   Besides I can remove a tart from the pan and put it in my ancient glass-domed cake stand.  I've had the stand for about 50 years and it always pleases me to see lovin' from the oven in it...

A couple years ago I found this lovely  piece of lingerie at a thrift store.  I had planned to cut the lace from the sleeves.  But every time I looked at it I thought of Myrna Loy (Thin Man series) floating around in an elegant morning gown so I left it hanging on my closet door.  Maybe one day I would wake up 75lbs lighter (LOL) ,and  I could lounge on my brocade chaise (LOL), and my maid (LOL) would bring me my coffee on a silver tray (LOL). But this morning I cut off the lace and so much for my Myrna Loy fantasy.. In the lower right corner you see a bit of one of the dolls I made... She has a quite sinister face and an elegant gown...she's called Arsenic and Old Lace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Morris block is going to be hard to beat. He is so "lusting" after that ladybug and it's bigger than he is. Just toooo cute! The tart is just gorgeous .... seems even your cooking is beautiful. As to Myrna Loy ... I say - use the lace, but keep the fantasy!
SusieW

Marilyn said...

Morris will have so much fun chasing all those bugs. I didn't find anything nearly as inspiring as your robe on my thrift shop runs this week but I got a few things to add to the stash, including some rhinestone butterfly earrings that I love.

Cathy said...

My DH loves the Thin Man series. We still watch the shows if they are on TV. I love Myrna Loy! My DH loves old black and white movies.

Tart looks yummy. I have a tart pan but have never made one. One of these days... I love tarts!

Can't wait to see the rainbow butterfly. I love rainbows!

gocrazywithme said...

I can see why you had a hard time cutting into that lingerie. It's pure fantasy in fabric.
Morris's blocks are just delightful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts