2/21/2012

Progress on Kerry's Fool's Gold 2




The leaves are done. I cannot emphasize enough how well the process of laying and aligning the cord works against an outlining of a tight chain stitch... I know I will use this technique throughout this whole fool's gold experiment and certainly beyond as well.... It's like getting a new tool.



I've started this butterfly on gold brocade using this same technique. There will only be a small amount of satin-stitch fill on it as I want the gold brocade to show....



My stitchers are coming again today and I'm excited to see how they did during the week... We'll be starting to work on stitching today and I'm demonstrating and sharing my Carole Samples templates.







Just a note about blogger. I had trouble getting it to work yesterday and even this morning again. So after I had restarted my computer several times and it still wouldn't work, I went into settings and changed back to the "old editor" and it worked...

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful result Gerry. Look forward to seeing what you get up to with the stitchers.

Susan Elliott said...

Beautiful Ger! Have fun today!

Julie said...

Gerry, please contact me at: juliesandiego20@gmail.com. I have some black and gold rick rack I think you'll love, that I'd like to send to you.

From a loyal reader,
Julie

Marilyn said...

My favourites - shiny things and butterflies. I can hardly wait until the whole block is done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts