3/26/2011

Two Nifties for You in One Day!

Remember the nifty little retractable scissor holder I have on my chatelaine??? Well I have another like it I just clip to my shirt while I am at the sewing machine.. It is so handy not to have to look for scissors to clip bobbin threads. AND it would look equally nice attached to a needle book so I made some to sell at the Adventure boutique and I will put them on my Etsy when I get home...









Aren't they all just gorgeous on the tray..
Just $3.50 ladies... These are the very best secret sister gift....

And speaking of the boutique...it's a whole another thing trying to think about display when you're flying and REALLY limited on space... Wicker baskets would have been perfect but try to get 2 or three in an already full suitcase...

So I have come up with a nifty alternative.. When I was delivering my mom to her bridge group yesterday I swung by the thrift store and picked up 4 rustic-looking place mats. They can fit flat in the bottom of my suitcase...

Once I get there I can tie up the corners and it makes a super, attractive, basket-like container. Actually some large diaper-type pins would work just as well ... Pretty darn nifty even if I say so myself. And I'm upcycling as well....





13 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow, I love those scissors holders. I get first dibs on purchasing one! :-) I, too, am trying to think of clever portable display methods. IF I come up with something, LOL, I will blog about it.... See you in a week! Hugs, Cathy

Ruby said...

Pretty nifty indeed!

Bluebell said...

That is such a clever idea to use flat mats and then make them into baskets brilliant! I love the scissor holders they are so pretty.
Jill

Lisa Boni said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous Gerry!

Mosaic Magpie said...

I love the scissor holders and will look forward to you getting home and putting them on etsy. I have my eye on one of those buttons as well!
Deb

Mary Ann Tate said...

Placemats into baskets...brilliant idea!

Diane said...

Hey Gerry, I'll bring you some wicker baskets!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous scissor holders. You have so many good ideas and execute them so well, including the basket idea.

Anonymous said...

I too love the scissor holder. I am looking forward to purchasing a pink one. Your idea for the basket is brilliant!. Easy to transport, cute for display. Suzie in Idaho

NickiLee said...

Me too! Me too! I'll be standing in line to buy one or two - sooo pretty!

Gerry - since I'm driving can I bring you down anything that you could use for display? I have tons of pretty wicker baskets and little trays as I used to do the Summer Arts Festivals and used them to display my goodies.

2 more weeks - can you belive it!ive it!

FredaB said...

Very clever solution for baskets. Who would of thought.

Also count me in for one of those scissor holders. there goes more cash.

Hugs

FredaB

Unknown said...

Gerry you are truly gifted. I would love to buy a rabbit button and the scissor retractor...how do I go about ordering??? please oh be still my heart, it is just fluttering as I would love a blue bird too!!!!! hugs Lisa

gocrazywithme said...

I'm loving the lamb drama! Better than a soap opera any day!

The retractable scissors pins are wonderful. I bet you don't have any left after the CQ Adventure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts