3/22/2011

Hearts & Hands to Sendai Block


I pieced my "Hearts & Hands to Sendai" block last night and gathered a lot of trims etc... My block will have LOTS of hearts when done plus a large elaborate fan which is still in the planning stage.. But it is a small enough piece I can work on it in the plane and layovers in airports...

It's still dark but as soon as it's light I'll go out to check on "pseudo mother"... Ruby still hadn't birthed Her absconded lamb is fat and happy and she hovers over it all the time. Ruby is lactacing which I found hard to believe but the lamb nursing was enough stimulation... All the while I was holding it to check it, Ruby had her head on my lap also.. She was hardly moving and pawing at the straw so it will be soon... Pitiful Pearl looks like a tank...


I made umpteen trips back and forth to the old greenhouse where I keep the ewes for lambing. Even though I have seen many, it's still always a thrill for me to see a birth. I manage it at least once or twice every season. So since this will be my last season I am constantly checking... When I had a lot of sheep it was hard NOT to see a birth.. but with only three left ... not so easy.

But the yesterday was productive on the packing front and I gathered tons of stuff for these two blocks.. Probably way more than I needed. So I am prepared for the 3-day workshop with Sharon Boggon and will start gathering stuff for Allie's and Betty's workshop... The bad news was the repair man said it would cost more than it's worth to fix the refrigerator... It's only 6 years old and I've just loved it.. So I am going to look for a cheap used one as at this point as I can't be sure how much longer we can stay on the farm...

3 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

Sorry about the fridge...I hope the bad news is countered by your getting to see the lambs born. Your blocks looks super. I'm hoping to start to piece mine today. With all these preparations, I'm getting very excited!!

Laurie said...

I hope the lambs come before your trip Gerry, I wish I were there to see the birth and that I was going with you on your trip! Have fun, with your workshops, and creating with these beautiful blocks!

Marty52 said...

I'm working on getting my things together, too. I know it's way more than I'll need, but can't help but gather it all up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts