3/07/2011

Mystery solved.....

I knew somewhere in the darker areas of my brain there was something I associated with my mystery thingy that was perfect for hanging scissors.... I sent pictures of it to wire suppliers, jewlery suppliers and several other places to no avail.. Then today it came to me..... FISHING

It has the highly technical name of "snap" and there are a zillion varieties and sizes of them... A snap is used to attach fishing lures, etc to the swivels and whatever... Obviously I'm not a fisherman but my son is and downstairs at the lodge there is this fabulous work center for the guy who ties flies and is in charge of tackle... He has the coolest scissors, pliers, clamps, etc..... and, I'm sure, snaps in large numbers... probably where I got it in the first place.

Of course in the meantime I have found a better option for my scissor holders but at least if I ever need this thingy and, I am sure I will.....I know the name!!!!!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I looked all over myself too Gerry, and found nothing. I'm glad the mystery is solved, if I'd only thought to ask my nephew!

Anonymous said...

So......what is your better option for you scissor holder? So happy to hear the mystery is solved. Suzie in Idaho

Susan Elliott said...

Thanks for solving this. It's been bugging me too!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

How funny! Must be old. I have never seen one like it. Who knew!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Glad you found out what it was. I looked for fishing swivels but never what hooked the swivel to the line. You may grow up to be a detective someday!
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts