3/21/2011

Finally.....lambs

New mama Ruby on the left and new mama Topaz below.. on their own time...

I always put Randy Andy in with the ewes Oct. 1 and have lambs the last week in March. Since I've knew I was leaving April 2nd.. I put him in Sept 1st... to have lambs the last week in February... a plan...right????

Well Randy Andy chased those ewes around a whole month trying.... but they were having none of his arduous advances until THEY were in the mood and so I am still having lambs the last week in March... But not because Andy didn't give it his best shot..(no pun intended..)


Topaz is by far the most beautiful ewe I've ever had and she also has the sweetest and most gentle disposition.. Her greetings brighten my every day!!! If I lower my head she loves to smell my hair and nuzzle my cheek and ear... She had twins last year so still may have another lamb yet this morning..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your sheep/lamb pictures and stories. Thanks for sharing.

Susan Elliott said...

How WONDERFUL!!!!!! oooohhh, I hope there's another baby coming this morning...

Cathy said...

Congratulations! I am so glad your lambing has finally started! :-) Topaz is certainly a lovely ewe. And you’re a lovely you, too, ggggggg! Hugs, Cathy

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Congrats Gerry! Love this time of year :)
We have 12 on the ground, 5 sets of twins, one set of trips, lost one twin, and almost lost one of the trips. The ewe rejected her, so one bottle baby out of the mess. Hope your lambing goes well for all involved :)

allie aller said...

I love the little lambie stories too!
"Randy Andy" is such a funny name for your ram. When we had our dairy, we called our bull "Mr. Happy". ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts