3/22/2011

Serious packing and chatelaine...

I am seriously into packing today. In fact a one point I was actually thinking for a moment about how much space and weight I would save if I cut all the labels out of my clothes...ROFLOL

I even gave my chatelaine a sponge bath...It is so worn and looking rather shabby. I'll have to think about making a new one... It has lots of history and has been on so many planes, to so many countries, and in constant use at home and in the car... I did make a couple changes...

I added the button I painted recently of my dear sweet Morris whom I will miss... There will be no one to mess up my sewing supplies...
This will be the first time I've been separated from him since I got him...




The other addition is an enamel button that was a gift from Susan Elliott... I wanted to wear it and my first thought was to make it into a composite jewelry piece because it is so beautiful.. but I realized I would be wearing so much more often if it was on my chatelaine so on it went....


I changed my mind often on what to do for the motif swap and this is what I finally did... 10 of them.. I painted the buttons, beaded around them and attached them to a crocheted medallion..

The refrigerator repair man was just here and said it would cost more to repair ours than buying a new one... not what I wanted to hear... I have to do it before I leave... one more unexpected thing on the list.

5 comments:

Tracey Leeder said...

What happened to Morris?

Ruby said...

Love the new additions to the chatelaine. What's the news on the 'other' Ruby?

Unknown said...

That's good news about the refrigerator. Now you can get an Energy Star one and save lots of electricity. Looking forward to seeing you soon in CT.

Susan Elliott said...

Your Morris button is great! And I'm honored that my button made it on your new and improved chatelaine. I think your motifs are going to steal the show! I'm so glad I'm swapping with everyone because I know I get one!! Woohooo!!! You rock Ger!

RoseLady said...

Your Morris Button is so sweet. I absolutely LOVE it !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts