5/07/2009

Transferring sketch...


I am happy with the positions and sizes of my sunflower drawing but now the problem of transferring it to the block... I have an aversion to making marks in the front of a block unless absolutely necessary. I've also seen both "disappearing pens" and transfer papers smear and bleed... So I used my computer to reverse the image and place in on the BACK of the block. I cut away parts to trace around with a pen. I basted the traced marks and when I turned the block over to the front I had a nice guide to the drawing basted there. I really like doing my marking on the back of the block.

While doing this I kept thinking about the odd little black triangle and wondering if it had a secret meaning for Gerry Hookstra... Then I had an idea how to repeat it in the block... Check back...



2 comments:

Ruby said...

What is that old saying "where there's a will, there's a way"? You can come up with the neatest solutions to getting things done! Who else would have thought to apply it to the back! Thanks for sharing! Ruby

Susan/CqLily said...

Gerry,
Thanks for the reminder in using the back to mark the front. I had used this frequently in applique and just had not transferred the idea to CQ! Brilliant!
Thanks,
Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts