5/01/2009

GREAT day at thrift store...



About the time I think I'll never find another mega bargain... I find TWO!! Monday I got the heavy crocheted bedspread for $6 and the little sewing chest for $7... Granted the spread has three spots that need minor repair and the sewing box is a tacky reproduction... The sewing box will definitely be painted and antiqued because the finish is ugly to the max and the top is the perfect place for the fab CQ fans (one Jo's and one mine in progress). These two finds will hold me for a while... My crowns are hanging on the corner of my headboard ...in case I ever feel the need to take the throne and make an royal decision....

4 comments:

Cobi said...

what a lovely find Gerry! this girl doesn't mind doing popcorns at all. nops and popcorns in crochet are fine. knitting nups in lace is not my fave.

Skye said...

I love your bedspread...And to find it the bargain that you did is someone after my own heart..Your sewing box is great as well..I can't wait to see how you restore this piece..Congratulations on your finds..

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I can't wait to see this sewing basket when you have worked your magic on it!
Hugs,
Kerry

black bear cabin said...

nice score! both will be well loved in your home :)
i like the artwork on your wall too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts