5/05/2009

Moving Color


I'm starting two blocks and my primary focus on both blocks will be moving color... Gerry Hooksta's spider block is on the left. The blues, peaches and greens are moving nicely but the intense gold and orange in the upper left needs to be repeated elsewhere in the block.. Both Janet and Lauri used some orange beads which will help.. I've decided to move the colors with sunflowers.. Because the space is a unusual shape and because I don't want to overwhelm the block, I did do a rough sketch of the sunflowers.... And luckily I got a bracelet at the thrift store the other day that has stones the perfect color for an awesome spider......

On the right is Lindy's (Australia) heart block. I'm the last to work on it and it is a small block (approx 9 1/2") so the space is limited....BUT the lovely true red of the velvet in the lower left is isolated.. There's lots of lavender and pink moving about but no true red.... The flash washed out the red in the silkie which I will trim in red and gold. And now I'm sorting through stash looking for true red elements... At one time when I was waiting for this block I envisioned a tree filled with tiny gold hearts but it's not going to happen... Maybe on another block....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts