Oh ye of little faith Kerry....count the bunnies!!!! I spent some time last night searching for "bunny positions" on Google images. Let me inform you if you type "rabbits" into Google images you get a fair amount of Playboy bunnies appearing....of course I'm sure when Lisa said bunnies that's not exactly what she had in mind.... right Lisa?
I played with the sizing and cut them out and moved them around until I was happy. Like playing with paper dolls. Used photo editing to lay out approx. trail.... Decisions made:
- All the bunnies except one will be stumpwork...(one is peeking from under lace).
- Trail will not be beads but barest hints of grasses and tiny flowers
- For interest bunnies will vary in size but be similiar in coloring
- Ears will be 3D when possible...
- Some bunnies edge on seams and using stumpwork eliminates bumps
- I can slightly pad them for 3D effect
- It's soooo much easier to position them when worked "off-block". This is critical because I am trying to work around existing needlework... I will be only covering a couple sequins and beads. Now I'll trace the outline of my bunnies onto a beige nylon felt and begin work on a hoop. This is going to take a while but when I get a "vision" I just HAVE to follow it through... When done this block would be great photographed and used on notecards..... Maybe I'll do that for Cobi!!