5/25/2009

I can handle quirky and eccentric!


All fall and winter I was on a one-woman crusade to convince my husband to sell the farm and move into town. ... to no avail.... He is NO handy man and I am tired of the work and upkeep... BUT as everything is in spring bloom I've decided what better place to fall over dead...

The picture on the right was an old tack shed that I recycled into a gazebo years and years ago... I've used stained glass (some antique and some I made) throughout the garden because I love to see the sun rise or set through it... The garden proper (not the forest) was close to 2 acres and each year I've let more and more go wild.... quack grass heaven....

I have a lot of "garden art" throughout the garden which I seldom see anymore and have decided this summer I'm moving it ALL up close to the house... It will be like those cluttered quirky gardens you sometimes see with hundreds of gnomes... I have no gnomes but plenty of other stuff and I'm old enough that I can handle eccentric and quirky....

3 comments:

gocrazywithme said...

How I would love to wander with you through your quirky garden!

Anonymous said...

Quirky and eccentric RULE! I saw your garden the last day you were open and loved every leaf of it. Surrounding yourself with your yard art sounds heavenly!
~Jan Myhre

AMBER said...

You go girl. Better the country than the city anyday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts