This is one of the blocks I made up the other day from fabrics and trim from my secret sister. As I pulled these fabrics together they immediately began to talk to me and I have to do this block myself. I want to incorporate a lot of the 2009 Challenge techniques on it and will start with painting for January. I painted these violets on silk with ordinary craft acryllic paints as that's all I had. Notice I did it in the lower corner so if I messed up the section could be easily replaced.
I have used painting as a base for things like trees, etc. and stitched over it.... but never alone. Now I want to try painting a motif and embellishing it. Cathy K. started the challenges last year and I have found them so motivating and it keeps me trying new techniques..... Thank you Cathy!!!!