1/04/2009

Headline: Deer runs over man


Since I am laid up DH has been feeding sheep. This afternoon he surpised a large doe in the barn having a snack of hay. It panicked and charged right into DH's chest, tossed him about 10 feet and he landed on his back hard. The doe ran right over him.

I knew they were sneaking in at night but they're having such a hard time with all this snow. I photographed this one this morning eating sunflower seeds under the bird feeder right next to the house.

DH is bruised and sore... but will approach barn with care from now on!!! Maybe I should put a bell around his neck....... p.s. the deer have extremely thick and shaggy coats this winter....not a sign of early spring.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Geez you two!! If you don't stop getting hurt, I'm going to have to come over there and put you in Time Out! Seriously, I hope Ron's soreness passes quickly. What have we learned here? Don't surprise deer, don't push cars out of icy snowbanks... Sheesh! I hope that you can look back on all this soon and laugh. Knowing you, though, you're laughing already! Hugs, Cathy

Ati said...

O my goodness, almost two people lame. You two have to be more careful there out in the wilderness!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts