1/03/2016

More ribbon folding "Square Rail Fence"


I Have been dying for a day to experiment with the ribbons I brought back from London... As I thought they are spectacular.  The three folds on the right are "square rail fence" which I have finally mastered.  Kathy Streeter did the instructions for me and after I tweak them a bit I will post them. The top right blue is ribbon I already had.  It had a "right" and "wrong" side which makes doing this fold much easier.   The bottom right red fold is the back side of the "square rail fence"... also very cool. 
The London ribbons are wired and I thought leaving the wires in would make folding easier.  In a way it does but the end result is not as nice. 
 
I especially like this fold because it is fun to embellish..   You can see the ribbon rose buds on that fold (lower right)...  It was fold with two different colors of seam binding... (by Susie W.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

So pretty. Maybe now that I have finished up a lot of ufo's I'll have time to work at learning the ribbon folding. Coordinating time, inclination and ability gets harder as I get older. But I haven't given up :)

margaret said...

you have certainly mastered this technique and they will look lovely on crazy blocks

Suzie in Idaho said...

ooo so pretty. suzie in Idaho

Marlynne said...

What an Art Form! Gorgeous!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You are earning a new title - Queen of The Fold!! I have to be good and finish some of my projects first, but I'm dying to try this technique.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts