12/20/2015

Cover for journal/needlebook/address book etc.

I finished the cover for the journal Christmas gift.































The piece of filet lace I used for the foundation was not long enough to make the flap so I added an extra piece of wide lace to either end.









You can clearly see the elastic cording I threaded across the top and bottom to hold it snug.  And it makes it easy to transfer the cover to another book.





It is exactly the same technique I used when I covered the journal I use to record stitches.




















On this though I used the gold elastic they sell to wrap Christmas packages.  The foundation for this cover was a vintage crocheted placemat.  There are more directions here.

5 comments:

margaret said...

such a beautiful cover for a wonderful book

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Somebody is going to be very lucky indeed to receive this!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful and a great tip about the elastic along the edges. I've never made a pretty lace journal cover, mine have always been fabric. But I might just have to try one after seeing yours :)

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

So beautiful!

Rengin Yazitas said...

So pretty, as always. As you know, I keep saying that I love your creativity.
Christmas greetings,
Rengin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts