12/20/2015

Lace Journal Cover and Change of Plans

Working on this lace journal cover as a Christmas gift.  Giving it a good blocking before I add more lace and final beading.  I use 1/8" elastic to finish it so it can be moved to another journal/planner or address book.



All the CQJP blocks are pieced and on foundation.  Only this one has the guides basted.  The black is the size of the block and the red is a warning to stop beading.  I have ample allowance to make a book and also ample foundation in case I want to use a hoop.  I always like to use a hoop if I'm doing a lot of satin stitching..  We are going to the coast for the holidays and I will take the rest of the blocks and do the basting in the car so I don't have to look at the icy roads.
I decided that I would not like to work on white for a whole year.  Although this looks beige, it is really cream.  So instead of white-on-white....it will be cream -on-cream... 
I'm naming it my "Crème de la Crème" series. 
 
This was a cream-on-cream RR block... the last block of mine worked on by Jo Newsham whom I miss dearly.  I want to include a lot of her seam patterns which I have saved.  She was the very best! This is on my to-do list to block and mount...The intricate diagonal seam near center block is hers.. Cathy Kizeian, Rita Cruz, Cobi Wittekoek were also in this RR...a stellar bunch with a needle.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cream on cream would be easier for me to work on I think. To me it gives a lot more room for variations. Your RR block is lovely and I can see why you want to try some of the seam treatments. Very nice. Enjoy your time away

Margaret said...

Your Creme de la Creme is beautiful but yes...I could see where you might want to do something more colourful from time to time. Travelling mercies -- and Merry Christmas! :-)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

We are women and it's our prerogative to change our minds, right? I liked the idea of white but cream is even better because so many of the beautiful vintage laces and such have turned cream over the years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts