1/29/2011

A little turkey drama this morning....

At first light the wild turkeys show up waiting for DH to toss them some sunflower seeds..


Morris loves to rush out and chase them into the maple tree by the feeding area... This morning one was a little slow and Morris managed to snag a couple tail feathers... It surprised him as much as the turkey.. I am saving one to press and put in his "puppy book"...

So DH is tossing seeds when one of the turkeys in the tree drops a big pile of poop on his shoulder.. He tromps into the house totally indignant with the ingrate turkeys and shoving his befouled (pun intended) jacket at me...then asks if I wanted to take a picture of it for my blog.. Aren't you glad I declined and spared you that sight...
NOTE: The funny part here is not that he got pooped on but that he expected ME to take a picture of it.. I think if you can't figure out not to stand under a tree full of turkeys you shouldn't be surprised about falling poop....

Morris and I are walking again.. About 1/4 of the trail is still covered with snow drifts and a bit dicey to traverse, but the rest is open and smells of wet earth and pine needles.. My favorite way to start a day!!!





3 comments:

Laurie Brown said...

Birds have no sense of gratitude or decency...because we have so many chickens, some of the roosts are pretty high up, and at least twice a year Tim gets pooped on. While he's feeding them.

Pearl said...

That is so funny! You guys made my evening :)

ellen said...

This really made me laugh sounds like just what my husband would do. I was surprized to see that lovely purple in your turkey feather. We have lots of wild turkey traveling thru our property here in NY but their feathers are all gray, brown and white. My G'd's and I go on feather hunts whenever they visit and have quite a collection. I love your name tag change it's much better (enjoyed the lesson, so much better when it's visual)I'm also envious of you going to the CQ adventure in Conn. I wanted to go but have had some major heath problems this year. I'm sure you'll have a great time and share with all of us on CQI. I enjoy reading your blog very much but am afraid I'm one who rarely leaves comments. Ellen in NY jpfitz13@hotmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts