1/22/2011

Buttons


Actually this was to be my Etsy week but got a late start because the barn took up so much time...so will go into next week also... I have been working on a data base and painting buttons including these four cottages which are 1 1/2". I just scanned these and they need a few more touches and some gold... The scanner does strange things to the MOP glow...
The one on the upper right is a special order but the rest will go on Etsy... I've started truncating the cottages to get in more detail and like the look...
But came to two conclusions.. First cottages will have to cost more because they require so much time but I like doing them. Second I will save all my 1 1/2" antique MOPs for cottages... I only have 52 left and the odds of me ever finding another source for these fantastic, gorgeous, beautiful buttons are astronomical... They are so wonderful to handle and paint on.
I am in the progress of painting more cardinals, blue jays, hummers, bees and ladybugs on the 1" buttons.......

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, those cottages are beautiful! I love the detail. Will keep my eyes open for 1.5” MOPs. Hugs, Cat

Anonymous said...

Rose, these are beautiful!!!!
XO Diane

Pearl said...

Gorgeous indeed, the detail is something else. Love it.

black bear cabin said...

gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts