11/16/2009

Organic Lamb

I had been dreading the meat processor coming next weekend so when he called Saturday and wanted to come a week early I was relieved. They came with a truck and it was over quickly.. After they left our farm they had 3 more farms to visit....for 3 beef and 11 hogs..

I really like having control over any aspect of our food supply knowing we can eat lamb and eggs that are organic...free of hormones and chemicals and grown under humane conditions. Our son will bring halibut and salmon when he comes next weekend.... Next year I'd love to add ducks, geese and 1 hog but HWCH would have a fit.... Maybe if I pursue getting a hog he'll be relieved to settle for ducks and geese... Anyway with a full freezer and a shed full of wood we are about as prepared for winter as we can get....

2 comments:

Ati said...

A lot of work for you also the part it all.
But well worth, such good meat!

gocrazywithme said...

I gotta tell you that "shoot for a pig so you can settle for ducks" gambit always works on me. My DH is an expert at it, but I haven't ever figured out how to use it on him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts