11/07/2009

CD tins for bead soups

I used to get these CD tins in the mail from AOL etc. but they have stopped sending them. They are not only perfect for storing bead soups but make the best little bead trays when beading. I take beads in them when I travel and have my beads and a tray in one unit...


I finally found an online source for them but I had to buy 24 of them and didn't think I would ever use that many. But I have 16 filled now and sure now that I'm doing bead embroidery that soon all will be in use.

I love how tidy they are when stacked and how little space they take... If I am tossing one in my sewing bag I do put a rubber band around it just to be safe. The online source is http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin7f.html and you can get them with or without a matte insert...



3 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I love the way these look Gerry - very tidy and minimal!
Hugs,
Kerry

Rose Anne B said...

WOW that is a great idea and I've a dozen of them I bought from a friend so will keep 1-2 for a bead soup when I do travel. Thanks for sharing.

RoseLady said...

What a clever idea and so economical! I have always sorted every color, but making pink soup, greensoup, purple soup would be so easy...and so compact and so portable.

Thanks!

Joan
thequiltedrose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts