11/26/2010

Making the most of my mess....

Since I had all the fabrics spread out everywhere for the suffragette quilt I decided to make the most of it... Besides the nine blocks for the quilt I made an extra block to use for the AAQ contest and also this little fan.
It is going to be an ornament for the Needlework Guild Christmas ornament exchange... Since every last member is a cross stitcher I felt obligated to do some VERY CQ... and what is more CQ than a Victorian fan...
Rather than cut out tiny fan pieces I drew the fan on muslin and did it "flip & stitch" working from the back and trimming as I went.... much easier... I plan to do the seams, embellish with beads, add SRE and lace...
I also ended up with a nice pile of "crumbs" of these fabrics and will do a Allie-style crumb piece later... Although I am in love with all these dark fabrics at the moments. I'm sure by the time I finish all these I will be ready for something pastel or bright and cheery... These colors suit my winter mood and only 27 days until the days start getting longer. All the mess is cleared away and DH can actually eat at the table again.. for a while anyway...
We will move Mom into assisted living tomorrow...in the midst of a snow storm... and spend the next week finishing up at her old place and getting her settled in the new...

2 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

I'm glad to hear that Mom is finally moving. It will be a fun time of year for her since assisted living facilities usually have carolers and scout troops coming through for the holidays. Not sure if I ever told you, but I ran health care systems for seniors in my past life that included assisted living and nursing homes. It can often take a new resident over 30 days to acclimate to their new surroundings. But you probably already know that...

I'm working on an ornament exchange this week too....

Is the snow still around? How deep was it??

allie aller said...

I love your idea for the teeny tiny fan. What a no-muss, no-fuss way to construct it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts