8/04/2010

Pressed flowers and other old things...

I'm trying to spend some time when I can on just figuring out what I can get rid of in the barn... When we had the nursery I used to do garden-related workshops on Wednesdays and still have shelves and shelves of odd supplies left... It's not worth enough to try to sell so I ran an ad in Craigslist this morning looking for organization that did activities with adults. I got lots of replies from assisted living places and I have enough to make several of them very happy. The first to go will be boxes and boxes of pressed flowers and related items... I plan on using the metal file on the left for buttons...

I used these old antique book presses to press all the flowers... I love these presses...the smaller one I've had 50 years... I'm thinking with all the interest in paper and journal making that they may be worth a fair bit.... I noticed on e-bay even old rusty ones were about $200 and both of these are in wonderful condition... I think I might list one of them on craigslist to add to my "CQ Adventure" fund.. I couldn't bear to part with both.. I get so sentimentally attached to my old things... And how many people have lace curtains in their barn...? This used to be the gift-shop part of the barn...

2 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

It strikes me that one post is about getting rid of the stuff you've accumulated and the other is about your GD who can fit all of her belongings into her car!

When I moved out of college, I only took what could fit into my car and I only drove a small hatchback.

This morning I was looking through old pictures and found ones of me in my very first home -- I had taken pics of all my "treasures" so if the moving company damaged them, I would have recourse. To be honest, it was all just a bunch of second-hand hodgepodge but it was so very important to me at the time. It made me wonder how the heck I had acquired so much stuff in the last 15 years!

Offering to buy your flower press is very very tempting. But I must resist. Godspeed, my dear...

Karen said...

I think you barn sounds like a great place to come and play!! How wonderful it must be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts