3/01/2009

Marya's Heart Block


I was able to add 10 hearts.....6 glass ones, one metal one in spray, 2 embroidered ones in lower left and the beaded heart. The beaded heart is from "Bead Embroidery" by Yukiko Ogura...a gem of a book.

Not only are the roses from my fabulous thrift store ribbon, the ruching is also from thrift store "knitting ribbon" which I purchased years ago and have used extensively. If you enlarge the photo you can see how wonderful the colors in the ribbon are for vintage roses. If I never find another bargain at a thrift store again...I will die happy with this ribbon.

Now I will work on the technique tutorial for the 5 pin roses...

6 comments:

Ati said...

Gerry it looks beautiful, very "rich".

Lisa Boni said...

Looking beautiful Gerry!

Hope you are taking care of that leg! I broke mine in November just before Thanksgiving and I'm finally walking close to normal... but it still aches. Dr said another 2 months before I'm back to normal ~ it does take time!

Cathy said...

Wow - your work has really just set this off! I LOVE those roses and that ribbon. So rich-looking! Hope you're being good. Now you can "shake your bootie" and be off your feet at the same time, LOL!! Hugs, Cathy

AngelDoll said...

Could you please tell me where you found the pattern for your lovely victorian pincushions on your website (under construction). Coincidentally I have been asked to make one of these spherical pincushions and wonder if there is a specific pattern. Or can a person just make a circle and gather it? Trying to figure out making a square into a globe shape worries me. Any referral or response would be appreciated much...thank you in advance.
BTW...I absolutley LOVE your CQ work...what an inspiration for me...I just started this CQ experience and feel I will never get enough...wish there was more time.
p.s. If you can post a comment to reply on my blog site or email me at topdollatshaw.ca, that would be wonderful. Thank you kindly

Wanda said...

I just found your blog and I am so happy to have done so. I am a sticher also, and love to see what other people are doing, and you are doing very well. I did a quick look over your blog and not only do you stitch but it looks like you are a bit of an adventurer. Please stop by my blog and say hi, I would love that.

Thelma said...

Such beautiful work Gerry!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts