3/12/2009

Cottage Buttons - Stage 3


Now it's a piece of cake...just lots and lots of tiny tiny dots... use them on the trees and where plantings would be. At this size they are not going to look like any particular flower but neither do flowers at a great distance.... Just pile the dots on tops of each other willy nilly...... Making tiny dots is no great artistic talent but does require some practice keeping your hand steady and only letting the very tip of the brush touch the button...

I will leave these dry overnight and do the razzle dazzle finish tomorrow.....

Brushes: I buy my brushes at a craft store ...size a 10/0. A brush called a spotter is perfect. For roses I use an angular brush but for all else I just use a spotter and a liner brush. I use acryllic craft paints.... I did a tutorial on doing roses where I discussed brushes more...it is at http://www.victorianpincushions.com/button_tut.html.

1 comment:

piney cq said...

Hi there!!! Moreeeee of your gorgeous buttons! Love em! :_)Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts