Next is always "Crisp Lemon Pecan Oatmeal Sugar Cookies" which are thin, buttery, crisp, to-die-for cookies.
I have been searching for a long time for the perfect lemon pie recipe. My search is over as this is the best lemon pie I have made in 50+ years of baking, I will never use another recipe. I took it to a Christmas potluck and the pie plate was licked clean and everyone raved about it... But beware it has 437 calories per serving...
Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- Prep: 20 min. + chilling
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Sour Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 450°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 8 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in milk and lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and lemon peel. Cool without stirring.
- Stir in sour cream. Add filling to crust. Top with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
We had halibut cakes, shrimp and lemon risotto (plus salad and roasted beets) for Christmas Day dinner and that finished off the lemons.