1/24/2012

Goldwork One

Janet's goldwork blocks arrived early and although I couldn't start on it until next week, I couldn't resist picking my block......  She had 3angels on cream blocks with lace and 3 father Christmas on black...  I quickly chose a black background because I think the gold will be spectacular on it...

I have commitments for the next 4 days so it will have to wait...










But then I couldn't resist sketching a few ideas...  I had hoped to do a goldwork bird (or 2) and Janet is going to get one.... a Christmas cardinal ...   I had to make a copy of her block and then sketch with a white pencil.... You can see the cardinal, holly  lots of bells,  (large on the side and small across the top) and swirly stuff...  I will probably do the large bells and the cardinal off the block and the swirly stuff I will trace on the back and then baste the pattern to the front...








I sent my blocks out to Maire since she is leaving soon for Florida.... Mine are cream colored and do not have images on them and I am asking everyone to do one fanciful Jacobean flower on each block...

3 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

Black and gold will be the bomb! I'm wondering, have you ever thought of lightly painting over some of the fabric images to give them more pop? If anyone could do it beautifully, it would be you...

Momma Bear said...

oooh! I can't wait!
I finally got my blocks done-Maroon with no picture
I still haven't decided the rest.
BTW the package arrived yesterday, THANK YOU!!!
I will have so much fun with those!

gocrazywithme said...

Looking forward to what you do with Father Christmas and to working on all the blocks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts