6/06/2010

Challenge Block 2010 - progress

Last night I tried to print the silkie and the printer kept jamming and chewing up the photo transfer sheets...five of them. I was tired and it has been a hectic day so I just gave up.... But tonight I tried again and it printed first try. It must have been all the good karma with Wil working today... I framed it with some ticky-tacky antique gold braid...the kind you see bins of after Christmas.. Tip: Always stitch down the outside edge first and then you can ease in the inner edge..



Here you see the beaded fan and one of the peacocks pinned in place...Now I can start doing the branches and the cherry blossoms... I'm glad the peacock blends in with the block and doesn't detract from the silkie...





With the magic of a paint brush in photo editing you can get an idea what it's going to look like once I get the branches and blossoms around the frame... The gold braid will show but not much.....

I got far enough on this that it is just a matter of dyeing some ribbon for the blossoms and I can work on it in bits now for awhile... I've stopped working on my BJP for a while because my hands are sore.... I really expect Cathy's Art Nouveau blocks to be in the mail either tomorrow or Tuesday and I will start right away.

1 comment:

Susan Elliott said...

Your Asian beauty is coming to life! And I can see, thank to Wil, so is your old greenhouse. Looking forward to cherry blossoms because they're my favorite! It's been very busy around here and I'm out of town until next week but I should be able to follow your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts