5/11/2016

Here's another wonderful nest for you....

 I have a group of stitchers who come once a month and spend the day and I have a mini workshop on a useful CQ skill... When they came this month  I had traced the baby birds on some blocks for them to do and I put a big selection of various textures in cording, threads, etc. in the middle of the table.  Their task was to be momma birds for the day and build a nest for their babies.  


Most were able to finish their nest but none had time to finish the birds.. Kathy Streeter finished her birds at home and just sent me this picture.  They are absolutely precious.  She is using them as a center of a CQ hexie... Notice the fine thread painting of the birds, the outlining of the eye, and even a highlight in the eye.  This motif was quite small - less than  3" across...  well done Kathy!!!

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a beautiful nest - but the wee birdies are absolutely divine!

Marilyn said...

Congratulations to your student :). The birds and the nest are both wonderful

margaret said...

lovely little chicks in a beautifully embroidered nest

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I live in an area that has a LARGE Amish population. I don't know of any other crazy quilters in this area, though I am sure there must be some. I have never seen a workshop here anywhere. I'd jump at the chance to attend one close to home. Bet stitchers enjoy your workshops. this nest is so pretty.
xx, Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts