5/02/2016

Decisive I'm not!!!!

I had prepared these three bird patterns to do in gold for my next three CQJP.  I thought long and hard about which I wanted to do first.  It was going to definitely be between the owl and the swallow.  I finally decided on the swallow.... definitely...
 
And what did I do first?... the baby birds...The nest is the star here so it got all the beads and sequins, etc. and I will add more when I actually put it on the block.. I chose this lace but need to paint it gold yet.  I experimented with lots of gold threads, etc but what turned out to be a surprise material that worked well as a filler was narrow strips of gold tulle.





And how did this come about.  Well I had some stitchers here on Saturday and I traced the baby birds on some blocks for them to do and I put a big selection of various texture in cording, threads, etc. in the middle of the table.  Their task was to be momma birds for the day and build a nest for their babies.  Since they were doing this I decided I would work on mine also....in gold. They had a fun day being momma birds.
Yesterday I rested a while on the front porch and watched a white-crowned sparrow flying in and out of a juniper building its nest....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun! Wish I could of been there, love to be one of the mommy making a nest!
Robin

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your nest is wonderful!

I bet the ladies had fun making theirs too.

Have a good week ~ FlowerLady

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Women are allowed to change their minds - and that's a good thing. I would have loved to be at the class too.

Marlynne said...

Would have been my pick to finish first too! It is going to be just gorgeous like all your work!!

Marilyn said...

It seems that the babies wanted to be first. I, like you, have learned to be flexible when the work speaks to me, telling me I need to do something other than what I had planned. So the babies have a gorgeous nest and you got to watch some next building outside too.

Shawkl said...

Oh, this sounds like such a fun day! I'm sure your jaws hurt from all the smiling! Hugs, Kathy

Betsy Libbey said...

I like all of your "nests,", but my favorite is sweet Number 2.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts