5/22/2010

The ultimate traveling tray table

There were actually women at the retreat who could do CQ with their work and all their supplies in their laps.... if you are one of these you need not read on.

I have to have some kind of work surface.... For years and years I have used these cheap retro metal TV tables. They are light and easy to pop in and out of the trunk of the car.. Last year my mom was in a care center for months and I spent time there every day in 4 hr. stretches... I kept one of these little TV tables in her closet and stitched away hour after hour while mom slept.... But I also take one along when waiting at doctor's offices, auto repair places, when I need to pass time between appointments without going all the way home and anywhere we travel by car and I need to pass time waiting on my husband....

I did a lot of stitching on this last trip to Alaska in airports and was always looking for a work surface...wishing I had my little retro TV table... The only problem with it is the legs just wouldn't travel well on a plane. I also hate to be in hotel rooms trying to stitch without a good surface....

So I search the internet for a tray table that would travel and found "the swiss army knife" of tray tables...http://www.lapdawg.com/functions/tv-tray.html

It unfolds into endless configurations and can be used as a snack table, laptop table, bed tray etc. etc. etc. It only weighs 5 lbs and would fit in a suitcase to travel but also be easy to take and set up anywhere...

To quote them: "The LapDawg X4 v2.0 is our most versatile TV tray. In addition to holding your snacks, it can function as an ergonomic laptop table, book holder, lap desk or bed tray." The name "LapDawg" is a bit embarrassing and I do admit it is on the pricey side BUT I do have a birthday coming up and if I leave enough copies of this web site laying around....who knows...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I am one who can sew with things in my lap, but if I do need a little support I use one of those laptop thingies that sits in your lap and then you can put the laptop on it. Since it has no legs it is easy to transport, but maybe you like legs.

Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts