7/03/2019

The sour cream rolls roll on....

Another granddaughter came to visit last month and she is the third to learn the art of making Gma Krueger's sour cream rolls.

Skylar is only twelve years old and a born baker... I was so excited at what a quick learner she was.

I had mixed the dough the day before because it has to be refrigerated overnight.  A whole pound of butter is cut into the flour mix.  Mixing the dough is relatively straight forward but the tricky part is rolling it out..







This dough needs to be rolled out and folded again and again and again until there are multiple buttery layers.  No short cuts here if you want flaky rolls.

As an added challenge you have to do it quickly so the butter in the dough stays chilled.  Skylar was a whiz and amazed me with her skill and speed. 



Here I am pulling one batch out of the oven and Skylar is behind me with the next pan ready to bake.. and in no time we had a mountain of sour cream rolls.

















Last summer granddaughter Sydney came with her beau Tanner and they learned how to make them...

And in the fall Alaska granddaughter Leigha came for a visit after her graduation from nursing school and she cooked non stop while she was here including sour cream rolls. In fact she became so attached to my favorite apron that I sent it to her for Christmas last year.  The sour cream rolls will roll on...............  If you look closely you can see the layers.





1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wish I had been old enough for my grandma's to pass on some of their baking techniques. They both passed away when I was quite young. I did inherit a few of my maternal grandmother's recipes but the paternal ones were lost in a house fire. Your biscuits look so good - but the best part is the memories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts