7/10/2019

How often do you need a centerpiece of hot pink, orange, yellow and lime green... Not often and luckily I had all those colors in my garden.

I purchased this tablecloth at the thrift store last winter because it was such nice cotton and planned to cut it up to replace my raggedy kitchen towels.  But when I was setting the table in the gazebo I drug it out.

We hadn't eaten out there for a year or so.  It gets harder and harder to get everything out and back to the house.  But it was the perfect weather.


I wanted to make polenta "stacks" so I got out my polenta maker.  A gift hand carried all the way from Italy several years ago by one of my dearest friends,  Cristina.  I had to get a special adapter to use it on our electrical system.

After I cooked the polenta I let it firm up in a loaf pan and cut it in slices.

Then just before dinner I sautéed the slices in butter and olive oil until they were crisp on the outside.  Then I put down one slice and spread it with a mix of pesto and ricotta cheese and topped that with another slice.  Then I topped that with a fresh corn relish with red peppers, cilantro, and sweet onion and finished it with a tomato on a skewer.  It was so festive and delicious
and perfect with barbecued ribs.

4 comments:

lacysuzette said...

OMG—gorgeous & delectable! Just wish you made culinary house calls in South Florida. 😻

justanitzybitcrazy said...

A lovely spread Gerry, and so nice to eat outdoors in your gazebo. The menu sounds yummy, too. Hugs, Helen

cq4lefleur said...

Yum. Beautiful and creative. You are such an inspiration.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh yum!!! That looks SOOO good! Your table setting looks lovely too - I'm not a tablecloth person, but I can appreciate that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts