4/22/2015

The sheep book is done and I couldn't be happier.

The sheep book is done and I couldn't be happier.  Along with the Morris book, it will be always bring the most pleasant memories.  Binding the covers with lamb's wool was a last minute decision and when I went to buy it I found the heart-shaped wooden buttons.  Just perfect!!  I added an extra piece inside the front cover telling the history of this interesting heritage breed of sheep..  As you look at the pages the lamb's wool is visible and frames the pages....  Done! Done! Done!
 


As an extra little tip.  When sewing through so much bulk and so many layers, it is difficult to keep it all lined up.  So I first basted the pages together in twos and then basted them all together.  Once the book was all assembled, I removed the basting and the pages were nicely aligned.

Doing this book was a nice break from CQJP and I'm anxious to get back to it with new enthusiasm.  But along with CQJP I  am also going to finish one more thing before I take on a new project (the purse).  I got as far as the tree in the foreground before I put this cottage piece aside.  I wasn't happy with it and wanted to think the whole thing through more thoroughly...  I did and am ready to move on.  The tree is coming out today... the new tree will be larger and more to the foreground..
 
And the potting bench is history..
 
 

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Isn't it nice to actually finish a project :). And such a nice one too. I've been working on some smaller projects just so I can say I have finished something because all of my projects are long-term to complete the whole thing. I made a couple of scissor cases and some beaded stick pins and some scissor fobs. I can see why you want to make the tree bigger on your cottage block - it just doesn't seem to be on the right scale.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your sheep book is wonderful!

Suztats said...

Your sheep book looks wonderful and is filled with many happy memories.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You deserve to be happy with your sheep book! Ever so much nicer than just a plain photo album.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts