4/04/2015

Another Stitch and Travel bag you should see!

I can count on one hand (the hand that has only 4 fingers) the stitchers that I am truly in awe of and Lisa Boni is one of them.. Her attention to detail is unparalleled and there is a feeling of elegance and simplicity in everything she does...  You must go to  Lisa 's site and see how she has fitted out her travel bag...

It is obvious that she has given a lot of thought to what would meet her needs and fitted everything into her clever case.  AND every single thing in her case is coordinated... just amazing.   If you are thinking of putting together a travel bag, you must make a list of everything she included to use as a check list for yourself. 

What I thought was amazing was how she found her pattern and how  she could look at this pattern and think "travel bag."  But she did and adapted it  to her needs.  You can see it next to the child that it is fairly good sized. 

I can see how I might adapt this pattern a little differently so I will order it.  I often buy patterns "just in case" because they disappear quite quickly. Nothing is more frustrating than to think of a use a year later and the pattern is obsolete and unavailable... that's why I have a lot of unused patterns.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I saw this on Lisa's site yesterday and was going to order the pattern. But with shipping it was about $26, then I have to add another 20% at least for currency conversion so its not happening. Hopefully one of these days I'll get into the city to check to see if they have it at Fabricland. Lisa's work is just wonderful and I'm very glad I found her blog.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I drooled all over that bag already and also had a look at the price for the pattern and afraid I won't be ordering it either. (btw - if you can message Marilyn - tell her that I don't think Fabricland carries Simplicity patterns any more. If she's planning to go any distance in order to maybe get the pattern, she might want to call first).

Susan Elliott said...

Oh, yes! I just saw this on Lisa;s blog and think it's wonderful. I have so many of you I need to emulate. Her approach is so refined and beautiful...much better than my throwing everything into a canvas bag and running out the door!! Glad to hear you might make one too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts