4/02/2015

My most treasured buckle!!!

 
 
The most treasured purchase on my trip to a Colorado CQ retreat  in 2009 was a handcrafted, brass belt buckle which is almost 3" across. I spied it on a mannequin in front of a shop that sold used clothing. I snatched it up immediately for $10... I probably would have paid three times that much as it is a beauty... It is so beautiful that I keep it my jewelry box....and it's not for sale at any price...
Not that I've done anything with it but I DO HAVE A PLAN...
 
Below is part  of a RR block I did for Janet Popish with spider and "I spy" cats.  I think it would be a fabulous theme for a BoHo bag,  Maybe 3-5 hidden cats and dripping with Nicki's  lace flowers, sexy black lace, and spider webs with my fantastic brass spider buckle for the latch...  In fact I think I'll  run  by Nicki's today..  Whatta ya think???
 
 
 
 
 
Had laser surgery this morning  to clean up  the membrane covering an implant in my eye.  Now I have a storm of floaters and as I was cleaning cabinets in the kitchen, it looked as if I had fruit flies everywhere.  Kitchen got a good scrubbing.

8 comments:

NickiLee said...

I love the vibrancy of the colors laying on black! The answer to your question - Yes mam, I can do! Is the color a dark pink or a coral? Will answer you on our Etsy Convos.

Lisa Boni said...

Love the I-spy kitties amongst the flowers and spiderwebs! Remember this from when you first stitched it! That buckle is amazing ~ and I don't even like spiders! You'll be sure to turn it into something special!

Hope the floaters go away quickly for you. I have a huge one that won't go and I'm constantly batting at the "fly". I'm sure people think I've gone a bit batty at times!

Marilyn said...

That buckle is fantastic and the idea you have for a bag does it justice. Can't wait to see it.

Mosaic Magpie said...

That may be the most interesting belt buckle I have ever seen! Love the stitching!
Deb

Suztats said...

I love your idea.Fabulous buckle, too.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wonderful idea for a bag - the hidden cats are gorgeous. The belt buckle would be absolutely perfect too. Hope you eyes are better now.

Annette said...

love the buckles and what you are going to do with them. Floaters hang in there my dear. I bet they will just go away like the fruit flys. hugs and love what you do and teach us.

Susan Elliott said...

I am here getting caught up and can see your spider back in the making, That is one gorgeous buckle and I love the pattern you bought to use. Going to be another magnificent Gerry original.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts