9/14/2010

Sneak peak at Leslie's block!!


So far I've use 4 kinds of gold cording and 1 gold braid.. Next I'll do the flower. For new readers the dragonfly is a paper cut out... I often cut shapes out of paper when I'm trying to make a placement decision. In this case I wanted to make sure both the dragonfly and the flower would fit easily in the circle shape.... A lot of my favorite gold braids are only going to be useful for linear designs as there is very little give to them to go around a curve.
The nice thing about having something breach the circle (such as the the wings) it give you an area to hide all the starts and stops of your cords... When I'm finished I'll show a close-up of all the gold items I used....remember this is all inexpensive stuff available at Christmas... I often use bits of gold in my regular CQ work.
Due to my injury fall farm work has fallen way behind and stitching time will be hard to come by today... I love winter when it is snowing and blowing and I can sit by the window and stitch all day.. I know it is fall tho...because Randy Andy is pacing up and down his pasture fence with his nose in the air...sniffing for any sign that the ewes are in heat...AND because a family of racoons are trying to den up under our house...

6 comments:

Rachel said...

It's very useful to have cut-outs or something to test placement. A good tip!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Once again, I must say thank you. You taught me about hiding the ends of cords and threads under another element. Audtioning shape placement by making a paper pattern. That not all cording is suitable for curves or circles. And at Christmas time I can find these beautiful cords inexpensivly. Thank you for the lesson and sharing your beautiful work.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Wishing you good health and headway with farm chores. The block is looking great! I may have to try your braid technique.

Jan Myhre
Spokane Valley

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...this is coming along so nicely. I love dragonflies. Love the gold braid. I am looking forward to falling snow also, I must be a fall/winter person at heart. Glad to see you stitching again. Suzie in Idaho

Laurie said...

I also use cut outs Gerry, it makes it so much easier to place. I love this block so far, and am anxious to see the finished product, and can't wait to be able to participate in a RR with you!

piney cq said...

ahhhhhh, tis going to be soooo beautimous! Thank you soooo much Gerry! Hugs....L

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts