9/20/2010

Buttons, dragonflies and redheads.........

I was delighted to receive an email from my friend Freda with a picture of one of my buttons on a crazy quilt square... I love how she tucked the hummingbird right in with her trumpet flowers...This is a lovely piece and to see the rest of the block go to http://www.sewwhatsnew-fredab.blogspot.com/ Thank you Freda!!!!

Now you can see this design in two versions...beaded and goldwork.. I think I might do it one more time with embroidery and lace just to complete the experiment...

And if you are a redhead or have any redheads in your family you will definitely want to visit this site...http://madmoe.blogspot.com/2010/09/redhead-day-in-breda.html All the years I taught first grade and kindergarten, I never had a redheaded kid I didn't adore.... The blog belongs to my granddaughter (whose car is staying with me) who is studying this semester in the Netherlands...

5 comments:

Lauri said...

So that's why you like me so much!! Redheads should rule the world. But I am afraid we would lose patience with others, then start in on each other
LOL
I love your dragonflies NuMom!
Lauri

Kevin Lee Jacobs said...

Gerry - First, what a beautiful site you have! Next, would you believe we met when I was around 8 years old? I remember you strummed a few chords on a guitar for me then. You see, my mother, Joyce Kippen Jacobs, was a friend of yours.

Anyway, we seem to have traveled similar paths. I have a gardening and cooking site, www.agardenforthehouse.com. I'd really, really, love to hear from you!

Cobi said...

now that is fun, I didn't know about the redhead day in Breda!

Cathy said...

It's really neat to see the two variations side by side. Thanks, Cathy L

Ruby said...

Gerry, I thought you might enjoy a post on a new corgi.

http://brynwoodneedleworks.blogspot.com/2010/09/heart-of-giant.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts