Then I proceeded to embellish with lace and beads. I attached the tube thingy to the front cover to use as a pin cushion and made a tassel fob for my scissors. I used the precious little "frog closure" to hold the tassel cord in place. Then I added 3 layers of felt to hold needles. I still had the 3 pockets (two with zippers) for thread, bits of ribbon etc. Presto...from jewelry case to needle case in one evening. Enlarge photo to see what a clever needle case this makes.....


Cathy K said...

Welcome to Blogland!!! I love your new needlecase. The flashy red is just gorgeous and is so YOU. Clever girl!! I look forward to reading your blog. Hugs, Cathy

gocrazywithme said...

Beautiful! I love to do this kind of "alterations" too!
I love your blog; the garden, the sheep, the CQing. It's going into my favorites.
Janet in Colorado

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

Way to go, Gerry! I love the header of your new blog with your picture! Loved seeing this project - I really enjoy thrift store makeovers and this is a great one! Thanks for sharing!

Jeanne said...

Very nice needlecase, Gerry . Very clever idea to transform the juwelcase.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts