8/17/2020

sale of farm

 It's official..  the deed was transferred today to the new owners. I was amazed it took so long to sell but buyers just didn't want to take on the house.   I figured they were a bunch of wimps because this is what it looked like when I took it on... But three times we accepted offers and they backed out at the last minute.... but the roof was 20 years old, the well pump 38 years old, the drain field 38 years old, most of the plumbing was galvanized and needs replacing, most of the wiring was from the 40s and needs replacing and the list   goes on. One woman wanted to restore it to its former glory... I told her it had no former glory.. and in the end we basically sold the land and gave them the house

 But to me the real glory was my forest.  Here it is newly planted in 1995 and again some years later...
































Here is a shot taken  recently by a drone this spring and you can see the house and barn in the lower right hand corner


One of my favorite shots is the rose from my grandfather's homestead trying to engulf the barn.... actually it was two bushes of the same rose.  I was able to get a start of that rose and it is planted on the back of this new house...

5 comments:

JustGail said...

Wow, hard to believe it's the same house. Good news that it's sold and done, but too bad about the buyers' qualms on the wiring, plumbing, and stuff...

Lady Locust said...

It is amazing to me how many folks want turn key, new, modern, etc and on and on. I saw one couple pass on a place because they didn’t like the hardware in the bathroom. That was it! Easy fix I was thinking but I guess not for all.

justanitzybitcrazy said...

Congrats on the sale :) I do hope I have your energy in 20 years. You are whipping that garden into fine shape. Take care, Hugs

Momma Bear said...

Wow.to be able to look back and say I did that, A whole forest, still amazing! I'm glad It sold, even better you are happy making this new house your own.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm sure it's a huge relief that the sale has gone through and you won't have the worry of it any more. It remains to be seen what the buyer will do about the house, whether they'll update it or whether they'll start with a new one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts