8/16/2020

Progress in the garden



 
 
 


The arbor order has been a riot.  This vinyl one I ordered was supposed to be delivered in 20-30 weeks and it came in a week and the wood arbor that was supposed to be delivered in a week is lost somewhere in transit.


I fully expected to be assembling this one  about March.






So now I am doing the white arbor  on the deck in the shade as it is supposed to get to 101 degrees today,  It seemed pretty sturdy material for the price and will be super easy to add the clear greenhouse panels to...a mini greenhouse for sure....
But it needs a back on it and I was looking at lattices and trellis online when I remembered seeing some vinyl lattice panels under the deck.

The only problem was I had to raise a panel of lattice that skirted the deck and crawl under there with creepy crawly things and lots of spider webs in order to retrieve them but was thankful the previous owner had tucked them there and not disposed of them.  I thought that there was two...maybe three panels.  The previous owner was a thrifty fella and also stored lots of wood scraps in the rafters of the garage and I have used all of it.





And the lattice panels were really dirty when I did retrieve them and it turns out there were 4 1/2 panels..... enough for this arbor and the back for the wood one as well (if and whenever it arrives.....)

I laid them out on the lawn and used the hose and a broom to clean them up.
















Then last week my thrifting buddy and I ventured out and I found this cool chair for the front porch.  It is very study  and waterproof and fits right in with the white and lattice look that I didn't even know I was heading for.

With that on the front porch I was able to take the two white iron ones that were there to my little courtyard in the back and that freed up the two green metal chairs that were on the courtyard to put in the new little shady area that I want to develop before winter.



 I haven't decided whether I'm going to make a pad of either gravel or tiles under the table...... but I do want to surround it with something summery that smells good.. pots of mint maybe.. Every time I go to the thrift store this winter I am collecting very large pots I can move around the garden next season.  I've fallen in love with all the pot gardens on the Monty Don show.... There are 4 small clematis planted right behind on the fence,  On one side I will add ferns and hostas from the front of the house as this is a wet and shady spot as well.




2 comments:

Momma Bear said...

A brick pad will be harder to do but is so worth it under those chairs! Trying to rid yourself of gravel is a pain if you change your mind later, besides the table legs and the chairs will dig themselves in and be wobbly, weather its grass or gravel.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The adventures you go through! Crawling about, braving the creatures, has to be one of the biggest. End result was worth it though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts