3/10/2018

Prep for the trip!


Morris's  duffel bag was the first thing packed as well it should be.. All  his stuff plus extra towels as I'm sure they will be needed if he is running on the sandy beach.  His favorite bed is already in the car.









Next was the necessities for the spider bag. My favorite travel magnifying light by Brightech and an extension cord... I highly recommend this jewel of a lamp ...only $29.99 at Amazon and one of the best buys ever.  It rolls right up and fits in my sewing tote.   Then my chatelaine and needle book.








Then my ribbonwork book, the gorgeous ribbons Shirlee sent me and a bag of ribbons from my stash,  I have been waiting patiently to get to this stage of this project.  It's like the icing on the cake...  I was a very good girl and got all the greenery base done and now doing the flowers is my reward.  And doing them in a condo with an ocean view is even more special... If doing ribbonwork is too exhausting I can go to the hot tub in the club house while DH is walking Morris



My flowers are all going to be worked off the bag and attached in clusters... similar to these which are  used for millinery trade.

At this point my plan is to use some of my special buttons for the centers of some of the flowers.  I have some really cool buttons that I treasure... These are a good example.  They are very small (3/8") turn-of-the century shoe buttons and they are dyed bone...   I found them in a button shop in Portobello Market  when we went to London in 2015. After I hauled these buttons halfway around the world, it would be a sin not to use them on something special. I did use some on the suffrage crazy quilt.

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Bon Voyage :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Looks like you are ready to go. Have a great time Morris!
xx, Carol

Shirlee Fassell said...

Have a wonderful trip! Have fun with the ribbon it’s a lot of measuring and gathering. I will have to check out your travel lamp I find I need it these days!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

My idea of a perfect trip - sun/sand and stitching. What more could a girl want?

FredaB said...

Morris will be in heaven. My daughter belongs to a small dog water park and her and her 15 year old take their golden lab there when they can. It is not as good as a beach though.

Hugs
Freda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts