7/16/2017

My portable/foldable stitching table...

Did a little tweaking and added some more upcycled items.  I think I have it done now.  If I lived in an apartment I could just lift the breadboard off, fold it up and stow it in a closet.  Pretty nifty...Cost $0.00


The lamp has been good news and bad news.  The good news is the light and magnifier are great and will work well I believe.  The bad news is the rest of it is inoperable... The top part does not fit into the bottom part and I am waiting to hear back from the company on that..
It's not very stable and since the lamp and magnifier are heavy and tend to drift, the whole lamp falls over far too easily.. and often.  I'm hoping to solve that somehow. Cost of lamp $100.00

Here it is all folded flat and would be perfect for someone with limited space.. easy to even load into a car.  I plan on taking it out in the garden to stitch when weather permits




















News on the chicken front.  Adding extra nesting boxes really solved that problem.  The old hens wouldn't let the new hens use their boxes and they couldn't stand that the new hens had their own boxes.  They had to use them too and pretty soon who laid what in what box was a moot point. 

It worked so well I used the same tactic on the roosting issue.  I added another roost perpendicular to the old hen's roost.  It took about 5-6 nights for the new hens to make their way to the top....which put them at the same level as the old hens which would never do.. Try as they might the old hens couldn't control both roosts and now they  all sleep  somewhere on both roosts.. I go out after dark with a flashlight to check who is sleeping where.  I feel like a house mother in a college dorm making bed checks... and the bullying has ended so I think I'm the winner on all fronts... Peace at last in the henhouse...

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your portable stitching table is great. I do so admire the way you can come up with workable ideas for things that you need. I hope you get the lamp problem solved soon :)

Shirlee Fassell said...

Great craft table creation! Hoping you get as good a solution for your lamp as you did for your hens!

Beth in IL said...

Love ypur stitching table and I hope you get your lamp issue solved.
I did laugh about your hens story. Thanks for sharing!

margaret said...

what a good table you have made room for everything and so adaptable. Good to read the chickens are now living more happily together. Shame about the lamp as I know you need it to help with your close work as the eyes are not working so well

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This is definitely an inspired project - useful, and even better that it didn't cost anything to create. As for the chickens - so glad they have figured out that living peacefully is far preferable to having ruffled feathers all the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts