7/17/2017

Let the stitching begin...

This is a terrible picture but you can see when I sit on my stool I can get my legs under the table and be over the glass and the table is low enough that there is room under the glass to work a needle.. I love it when a plan works....

I am still sending emails back and forth with the company about the magnifying lamp.. Considering the price ($100) it is not well made... I don't want to send it back as it would be  heavy and awkward to pack and I do like it. The worst case scenario is that I will have to "Gerry-rig" my own base for it somehow.. probably by taking another floor lamp apart and cutting it down.

Another possible option is that I have a friend who has a very clever husband who I could probably get to make the parts fit...




It is especially irritating because at the same time I ordered this pharmacy lamp for by my bed.  It was half the price and I was amazed at the high quality of the lamp and materials...














Here is my table with the bread board removed and all folded up flat.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your portable table turned out great. And portable too! I've ordered a few things too that were not what I thought they would be and it's pretty darned irritating. I hope you can get some satisfaction from the company. $100 is a lot of money and then still have to rig it. Be sure to keep us posted on the end result.

Marilyn said...

Another Gerry project success. I do hope you can get some satisfaction from the lamp company. Very annoying to spend good money just to find the product is not well made.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I definitely feel for you over the faulty lamp - I'm doing battle with a sewing machine that won't do what it's supposed to. Hope you can get them to come up with a solution.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts