9/19/2014

Annette's Fairy Block

 
Annette's blocks arrived just in time and I'm frantically making decisions, gathering supplies and packing.  This is the block I chose...  I love the combination of the strong yellows, purples, and lime green.. so will add more of all of these three..

The strong turquoise pulls the eye away from the fairy which is the focal point .









So I will soften the turquoise with some very fine and delicate tatted lace.. You can see that once the turquoise is muted that your eye stays on the fairy... at least mine does.

 I'm excited to also use a piece of intense yellow lace I've been saving for the perfect spot.. and have pulled some great ribbons and threads...  I'm thinking daisies, violets and butterflies.  She has purple in her hair....how delicious is that??

This is not a piece for in-the-car stitching but I will find time for it otherwise..








8 comments:

margaret said...

a good block to work on and you have some lovely ribbons there to do it justice

Marilyn said...

What fun. I love Annette's fairies. I have one I haven't used yet. I need to clone one of me with good eyes.

Marilyn said...

What fun. I love Annette's fairies. I have one I haven't used yet. I need to clone one of me with good eyes.

Annette said...

Oh Gerry this is gonna be awesome. Can't wait to see and just enough turquoise comes thru the lace xoxoxo

Renee said...

What a treat to work on one of Annette's beautiful fairies! I do love the way the turquoise fabric matches the turquoise with the fairy center piece. The addition of the lace definitely puts the fairy back in center stage. Your piece of yellow lace is gorgeous. I look forward to seeing this beauty when you are done.

Suztats said...

such a pretty beginning--I know it's going to get even better with your additions. I like the muted turquoise.

Marlynne said...

I like your choices! Will be anxious to see haw you embellish it!

sajuki said...

great !
Greetings from Poland :)
Katarzyna


www.sajuki.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts