7/30/2014

RR and Critter Production

Lest you think I have just been sitting and twiddling my thumbs, I have been busy producing critters for the jacket.  Unfortunately I have misplaced the house finch I finished and hope it turns up before I finished the jacket.

But here is a robin, swallows, Morris, hen and chicks, bluebird like the one I did for Cathy and another hummer in progress. I need only 3 more to finish the left side..  The thing I REALLY like the most about doing these appliques "off-block" is the freedom they give me in moving them about before I stitch them down..

Now I'm going to have all the critters I love on the jacket and the critter I love the most really needs to be there...  So here is how DH will be on the jacket...


















I did finish the Cathy's wool block and there is a first for me on it... The bluebird is done with bamboo thread.  I really like the texture of it...

6 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I've fallen in love with that little bluebird in the nest, gorgeous.
Briony
x

Marilyn said...

I love your sense of humour as much as your talent. DH is going to be super with his crown. Are you going to have birds on both fronts of the jacket? I'm sure Cathy will love her wool block - it is really pretty.

Lorraine said...

They ALL look fantastic Gerry!

Lisa Boni said...

Love all your critters! There is a butterfly coming your way soon too!

Connie said...

These are turning out so wonderfully!

gocrazywithme said...

I love Morris! Looks just like his photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts