3/21/2014

Handsome Downy and lovely frame....

I kept a camera by the window today trying to catch a good shot of a downy woodpecker.  I have painted the red-shafted flicker and wanted to do the downy, the smallest woodpecker we have... It is so darn cute!!!  But is was perpetual motion and this was the best shot.  But it's good enough to paint from...











The quilting frame arrived today and after a few minor repairs and adjustment I put the quilt on it and am ready to go.... In the 70s I used to make a lot if sane quilt and really the only part I enjoyed was the hand quilting... So I am looking forward to this tomorrow when the morning light is good.   I still can't believe my good fortune to have a quilting frame turn up on my door step when I needed it.  I will do my cottage quilt on it also..











And not that I needed it I did get another good rabbit shot...  And that is snow you see.  It was 20 F this morning and snow.


3 comments:

Lisa Boni said...

That quilt frame looks perfect! Much better than my old fashioned variety that I used to prop up on chairs and tables to make work. Like you, I loved the hand quilting, but hated the piecing!

Marilyn said...

What fun to be able to get pictures of the birds you want to paint in your own yard. My favourite part of sane quilting is making the tops since I don't hand quilt. I have 4 ready to quilt, and, since I'm finally in finish-up mode instead of creative mode I'm getting them done. Still have to get a backing for one of them but at least that will be 3 out of my cupboard. Its -19 C here this morning.

margaret said...

two lovely photos of the wood pecker and rabbit, he looks a fat thing! How good to have the quilting frame, I have not tried it in a frame of any sort so far just hold it in my hand, is it easier to quilt in a frame?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts