6/11/2013

Door update


Just a quick post as unfortunately my mother is having kidney stone problems again and I am off to spend the night at the assisted living center again.  Just dashed home to put dogs in barn and get night clothes...
Monday was Day One--- Base coat and priming... I did also get the frame around the door....not embellished yet.

Tuesday ,,,Day Two ...Started the colors and loving it.  I want a folk artsy look (not tole) and as soon as the painting is done I will put an antique glaze one it...

Not that happy with the quality of paint..

Not sure about tomorrow.  I'm sure by the end of the day my mother will be back in the hospital again.
I was hoping to paint the butterflies tomorrow.


Remember the boring old white door?

9 comments:

Createology said...

I do hope your mother passes her kidney stone/s very quickly and easily. I just endured this recently and still have a large one that is not able to pass yet. The joys of health issues. I am loving your door project. Blessings...

Createology said...

I do hope your mother passes her kidney stone/s very quickly and easily. I just endured this recently and still have a large one that is not able to pass yet. The joys of health issues. I am loving your door project. Blessings...

Marlynne said...

Oh how sharp that's going to be Gerry! You'll love it and everybody else that comes to your door! I understand your responsibility with your Mother. "there is a season for everything under the sun-" Marlynne

Marilyn said...

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when your DH sees the new door (grin). I, however, love it. It just says that whoever lives there is a warm and talented person. Sorry your Mom is poorly again.

margaret said...

speedy recovery for your Mum, I trust she has dislodged those stones by now and feeling better.
The door is going to be wow can not wait to see it finished

Renee said...

Wow! Your door is gorgeous already. I cannot wait to see it with the addition of butterflies!

I do hope your mother is feeling better soon. She is in my prayers.

Suztats said...

oh, Wow! Now that's a door worth noticing! I love the transformation so far.

Susan Elliott said...

Your door is absolutely fantasmagorical! I LOVE It! Here's hoping that your Mom isn't suffering too badly. Hang in there kiddo...

Shirlee Fassell said...

Certainly not boring anymore. I checked out a local "huge" fabric store and they did not have te waverly paisley you were looking for... There was a stripe with all the colors though....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts