6/18/2012

Peek at dragon and a couple tips

Work is progressing on the dragon... I will finish up the head and tail tomorrow night.  He need an ear, an evil eye and fearsome teeth and then I'll start on the leg and feet...  I hope to have him in the mail by the end of the week...

Just a tip or two for hiding braid etc... I use ruched ribbon to cover the awkward area on the neck... and one of my favorite tricks is folding the cording and making a little looped fringe to hide awkward transitions...

I used the same technique at the base of the petals on Kerry's flower for her block....




2 comments:

Arlene White said...

This is looking great. Well done Gerry, so looking forward to what you have planned for mine.
Arlene

Marilyn said...

What an excellent tip for using the folded cord loops to cover awkward areas. You have so many tips and I'm very glad you are willing to share them. The dragon is looking most fearsome and I'm looking forward to seeing him with his teeth and eye. And I'm also looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the perfume bottle. Dragons, frogs, Art Nouveau...my kind of girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts